PERTH KILT RUN
Perth Kilt Run Schedule
8am: Participants check-in
9am: Mayor's Procession and official opening at the Stage
9.20am: Race warm up
9.30am: Perth Kilt Run begins
There are plenty more activities throughout the day for you and the family to enjoy. Check out Armadale Highland Gathering to see what competitions and free activities are available.
How to begin your day
- Details on checking-in and collecting your timing bib and kilt will be provided closer to the event.
- Check our page Getting There for details on the road closures. Park on the corner of Abbey Road and Armadale Road for a gold coin donation.
- Get into the Perth Kilt Run spirit and have your face painted for free with Scottish woad, by the face painters in the Minnawarra Park gazebo.
- Grab a bit of breakfast or a cup of coffee before heading to the Main Stage at 9am to prepare for a pre-race warm up at the starting line on Armadale Road.
- Finally, don't forget to have fun and to look after yourself while you're on the course.
- ACROD parking is available on Neerigan Street, across the road from Armadale Central Shopping Centre.
- There is at least one accessible toilet at each toilet block, these will be located by pathways.
- The 2.5km route for the Perth Kilt Run is flat with permanent pram/wheelchair ramp access to pathways. Two laps of the route are required to complete the 2.5km.
- The 5km route for the Perth Kilt Run has an incline on Church Avenue and a couple of areas require a step up to access the pathways. Two laps of the route are required to complete the 5km.
The City is providing a fantastic opportunity to own your own kilt by purchasing one from $25 when you register.
Fashioned with two belt buckles and velcro to adjust, these kilts are made of good material that will keep you warm while on the course. The kilts are measured in inches and it may be necessary to adjust within one or two sizes of your original pant size. If you are picking up your kilt, please arrive early if you want to select the right fit for you.
Child kilts: $25
Adult kilts: $35
How do I get my kilt?
Kilts bought online are to be picked up at the Perth Kilt Run registration area as you check in.
We recommend that all runners wear comfortable and suitable attire, such as bike pants or shorts, to wear underneath your kilt.