General Event Information
A run for everyone
This event is for anyone of any age and ability, as long as you are wearing a kilt. You can choose to run or walk, its all at your pace. No pets, bicycles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards or rollerblades are permitted. For safety reasons, we request those with strollers or a non-racing wheelchair to start from the back of the pack.
Entry to the Armadale Highland Gathering is free.
Perth Kilt Run registration costs
The Perth Kilt Run fees are determined by age group.
- Children 12 years and under – Free
- Youth (13 – 17 years old) – $5
- Adults (18 – 62 years old) – $10
- Seniors (63 years and over) – $8
Register online before noon on Saturday 3 October and you will save 50% off the event day price.
You will be able to register on the day, however if you register online before noon on Saturday 3 October you will save 50% off the event day price.
Registrations on the day will be cash only.
If you cannot register online, please contact the Events Team on 9394 5000.
- Be considerate of others.
- Please be aware of other participants. If you are walking or have a pram or wheelchair, we ask you move to the side and let people though or stay behind those going faster than you.
- Please listen to all announcements for instructions and last minute information.
- Please keep to the left unless overtaking.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and clothing. Jewellery and iPods are discouraged.
- Please watch your footing on pathways, potential hazards and or ramps.
- Please watch for overhanging trees, signage and walkway bollards.
- No pets, bicycles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards or rollerblades are permitted. For safety reasons, we request those with strollers or a non-racing wheelchair to start from the back of the pack.
Please don’t compete if you have been sick or have had a viral infection in the two weeks prior to event day. You may potentially be putting your own health, and the health of fellow runners, at risk if you do so.
First aid personnel are located at the start area as well as stationed throughout the course and can provide immediate assistance if required.
Minnawarra Park and surrounding areas will have the following facilities for public use:
- Portable toilets
- Water fountains
- First aid
Please be aware there are no changing facilities on site. We recommend that all runners wear comfortable and suitable attire, such as bike pants or shorts, to wear underneath your kilt.
Transport and Parking
The Armadale train and bus stations are just a short walk to Minnawarra Park. Please note that service times can be subject to change so please visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au or see the Armadale train line timetable to confirm exact times closer to the event date.
Located just 40 minutes South East of the centre of Perth, Armadale is an easy drive down Albany Highway and/or Kwinana Freeway.
Temporary Event Car Park
A temporary car park will be available on the corner of Armadale and Abbey Roads with the entries running off Aragon Court and Castle Place. Car parking will be available for a gold coin donation which raises funds to assist a local community group.
There are multiple parking areas around the Armadale City Centre including Jull Street street parking and the Armadale Central Shopping Centre. Plan ahead to avoid waiting.
Those with ACROD permits are encouraged to park on Neerigen Street where we will have temporary ACROD parking bays.