General Event Information
A run for everyone
This event is for anyone of any age and ability, as long as you are wearing a kilt. You can choose to run or walk, its all at your pace.
No pets, bicycles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards or rollerblades are permitted. For safety reasons, we request those with strollers or a non-racing wheelchair to start from the back of the pack.
Entry to the event is free.
Perth Kilt Run registration costs
The Perth Kilt Run fees are determined by age group. 100% of all registration fees will be donated to charity.
- Adults (18 - 64 years old) - $10
- Seniors (65 years and over) - $8
- Youth (13 - 17 years old)- $5
- Children 12 years and under – Free
15% Discount Offer:
The City of Armadale is pleased to offer a discount of 15% off your entry fees if you enter 3 or more people at once.
If you wish to receive the discount, please email [email protected] and request a discount code.
Registrations close at midday on Saturday 9 September 2017.
Please note that registrations will not be available on the day so we recommend that you register now to avoid disappointment.
If you cannot register online, please visit the staff at Armadale Visitor Centre at 40 Jull Street, to assist you.
- Be considerate of others.
- Please be aware of other participants. If you are walking or have a pram or wheelchair, we ask you move to the side and let people though or stay behind those going faster than you.
- Please listen to all announcements for instructions and last minute information.
- Please keep to the left unless overtaking.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and clothing. Jewellery and iPods are discouraged.
- Please watch your footing on pathways, potential hazards and or ramps.
- Please watch for overhanging trees, signage and walkway bollards.
- No pets, bicycles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards or rollerblades are permitted. For safety reasons, we request those with strollers or a non-racing wheelchair to start from the back of the pack.
Whilst we encourage runners to familiarise themselves with the course, please observe all regular road rules and only run on footpaths when training. The event has specific road closures for the morning of the event only.
The use of iPods and other music players while competing have inherent risks and is discouraged.
Please don’t compete if you have been sick or have had a viral infection in the two weeks prior to race day. You may potentially be putting your own health, and the health of fellow runners, at risk if you do so.
First-Aid personnel are located at the start area as well as stationed throughout the course and can provide immediate assistance if required.
During the course of the day, Minnawarra Park and surrounding areas will have the following facilities for public use.
- Portable Toilets
- Water Fountain
- First Aid
Please be aware there are no changing facilities on site. We recommend that all runners wear comfortable and suitable attire, such as bike pants or shorts, to wear underneath your kilt.
Yes. For more information and special access requirements contact 9394 5000 or visit www.armadale.wa.gov.au
Transport and Parking
Train and Bus
The Armadale train and bus stations are just a short walk to Minnawarra Park. Please note that service times can be subject to change so please visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au or see the Armadale train line timetable here to confirm exact times closer to the event date.
Located just 40 minutes South East of the centre of Perth, Armadale is an easy drive down the Albany Highway and or Kwinana Freeway.
Temporary Event Car Park
A temporary car park will run on the corner of Armadale and Abbey Roads with the entry running off Railway Parade. Car parking will be available for a gold coin donation which raises funds to assist the SES in providing volunteer services to help the community cope from the impact of disaster.
There are multiple parking areas around the Armadale CBD including Jull Street street parking and the Armadale Central Shopping Centre. Plan ahead to avoid waiting.
Those with ACROD permits are encouraged to park on Neerigen Street near Frog Hollow, where we have reserved parking spaces for you to the event.